1. This seriously knarly looking thing we pulled out of a shell and slapped on the BBQ grill at our recent Korean BBQ dinner last weekend. Despite wanting to be adventurous and experience the oddity of food here, I just couldn't do it... Sean did though. He'll tell you it tasted like nothing, but I saw his face when he chomped down on it!
2. Mangrove Forest on Ishigaki Island, teeming with bugs and crabs. Can't you just imagine a swamp creature rising up out of the water?
3. Caged Cat Hanging in a Tree. We viewed this site in China last year at a Buddhist temple. Despite some online research, I have been unable to discover an explanation for it. Do any of you happen to know? Is it to scare off the birds or evil spirits? One thing is for sure, shrill cat whines are not pleasant on the ears.
4. Gangala Forest in Southern Okinawa. We only ever walked through this greenery in the daytime, but I wouldn't want to get lost out here after sunset.
5. Finally, Christmas Themed Nail Art in Okinawa. This image is no joke. If you happen to live in Japan, you know exactly what I am talking about. I have to admit that while I admire the creative urge here, I'm a little freaked about how I would get my contact lens in and out...
So, what about you? Have you seen anything that sent a chill down your spine recently? In the spirit of the holiday, do tell!