Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pie is Stronger than Sleep



We just returned a week ago from a really quick trip to the States. We were there for a whole 5 days and turned around and flew back to Okinawa just in time for Thanksgiving. We escaped the full body scanners and pat downs at the airport (maybe they don't care as much once you're leaving the States), but we both came down with nasty colds from the flight.

Anyway, we were lucky enough to celebrate Thanksgiving holiday with friends on the island who make a scrumptious homemade feast, including this apple pie and this sauce from the Pioneer Woman.

All I can say is... jet-lag, extreme fatigue, a glass of wine, a cold, and a whole ambien couldn't keep me asleep the whole night so that I wasn't raiding the fridge at 3:00 am for a nibble of this pie.

I don't even like apple pie, but this one has me obsessed...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin