Friday, February 6, 2009

Balcony, Vegetable, Okinawan Miracle



At the end of last year, I read Barbara Kingsolver's "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" and was so inspired to start my own balcony garden. All over our neighborhood, we see backyard garden plots with all kinds of fruits and vegetables growing strong, so why not?

The first week of January, I bought different things to grow-- herbs, tomatoes, eggplant, red peppers, strawberries, and flowers. One day last week, I went out early to water the plants, and I found this tiny tomato! Since then, I have things growing like crazy.





This balcony is one of my favorite things about being in Okinawa...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I have to tell you that "Animal, Vegatable, Miracle" is one of my favorite books! I started buying almost everything local (in Oregon) and loved every minute of it (that and my garden). You will have to give m some pointers on balcony gardening - it sounds great! Happy Growing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin