...and I'm a Chocoholic.
I'm officially in detox.
Not only am I coming down from jet-lag due to an overseas trip to Seattle, but a massive sugar high brought on by this Chocolate Indulgence Tour.
If you're heading there any time soon, I highly recommend this spirited tour of downtown's Pike Street Market area. For two hours, my fellow enablers and I learned about new confection trends and sampled to our heart's delight. As you've no doubt noticed from the pictures, we enjoyed so many incarnations.
One of our stops let us contemplate chocolate in three distinct ways:
Similar flavors/Similar textures: Fudgey brownie enrobed in chocolate glaze
Similar flavors/Different textures: Chocolate cupcake with bittersweet frosting and ganache in the center
Opposite flavors: Chocolate gelato and lemon sorbet
Which do you think you'd prefer?
In my case, similar flavors/textures was much too rich for my palate. Also try as I did, I couldn't quite marry chocolate and lemon together in my mind. But as for that chocolate cupcake, it was heavenly.
These are links to the major stops on the tour, if you'd like to seek them on your own. Some of the items we sampled are not pictured here, as I couldn't get them in my mouth or have the camera ready fast enough...
1. Chocolate martini at Mayflower Park Hotel
2. Coconut cream pie at Dahlia Bakery
3. Chocolate ganache cupcake at The Chocolate Box
4. Chocolate and lemon gelato at The Chocolate Box
5. Animal truffles at The Chocolate Box
6. White Chocolate and raspberry cheesecake at The Confectional
7. Cinnamon and cloves drinking chocolate at The Confectional
8. Gray salted chocolate caramel at Fran's Chocolates
Are you wondering what my absolute favorite was?
Everything was good, but I have to say the salted chocolate caramel from Fran's Chocolates was pretty special.
How do you take your chocolate?