Friday, August 27, 2010

What Do You Know About Sushi?

Growing up in the deep South, I detested fish.

I think it's because I never really had good fish there. Most of it was deep fat fried, frozen fish sticks, and the occasional McDonalds fish fillet sandwich.

In fact, I never attempted to eat sushi until I was 28 and living in San Diego. I fully expected to abhor it. I reasoned that if I couldn't stomach cooked fish, why would raw fish be any better?

I was so wrong, and I actually love sushi and sashimi now.

But given my late introduction to it, I didn't know much about how to eat it properly. Now that we're two years in Japan, I've gotten lots of schooling from friends.

What's your sushi awareness? Head over to my other blog, and read my latest post about how to eat sushi. You might be surprised by some of the rules...

2 comments:

Uncork and Unwined said...

I LOVE sushi! It's one of my most favorite types of food. Now that we are in Germany, there is a definite lack of good sushi. We're heading to California in October and going out for sushi is high on our list of things to do!

Even though I meal plan for three weeks, I still shop once a week. This way, fresh food stays fresh and doenst rot in our fridge! =) Next week's recipe is another new hit!

Expats Again said...

We are great sushi and sashimi lovers. Living in Japan would be ideal, but alas, we live in Munich. Not the sushi capital of the world by far. Still, I'm afraid of overdoing any fish--you know mercury levels, or I just might be over-reacting, who knows.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin