Sunday, August 16, 2009

Advertising Fantasy and Reality

Remember my wacky stint as a gold facial model a few weeks back? 

I was surprised to open up a local newspaper this week and see myself in the ad for the first time-- how bizarre to see myself lying there serenely all sudsed up. I look like a mummy in the last shot! 

On a side note, one of my Japanese students also saw the ad and brought it to me, inquiring whether it was indeed me...
I believe I learned an important lesson about the business world through the whole encounter. It's all staged! One amusing thing is that for the photography session, they were so careful to cover my whole face with the precious gold foil, so that I could get the full effect of the slight electrical current that is supposed to single-handedly rejuvenate my 37 yr old skin...


But when I actually had the facial FOR REAL the first time before any of the crazy model talk, this is what it looked like...


Lovely, isn't it? That 24ct. gold isn't anywhere near my crow's feet! 

Call me delusional, but I'm still siding with the nightingale droppings over this one...

2 comments:

Malaysia Asia said...

Wow, nice stuff. I assume you didn't get the Platinum Mask?

David

Jason and Amy said...

Oh my goodness! I've got to see if I can find the add with you in it. I'll need your autograph and all! :)

I'm not completely surprised that there's a huge difference in the amount of gold you get when you pay verses when they need to make it look good for the advertisement.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin