Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 4 Challenge: Chase the Ball


I am 37 years old and had never played the dangerous game of racquetball-- that is, until TODAY. 

In the back of my mind, I had always thought of it as a game only high strung competitive attorneys did in Manhattan or maybe movie industry executives in LA. At least, that's what films in the 80s and 90s seemed to suggest, right? 

So, when friends Amanda and Heather invited me to join in, I agreed to meet for an early morning game of "chase the ball", as they coined it. 

Let me tell you, I so enjoyed playing with them ... there was lots of shrieking, lots of cowering, and lots of swinging and missing completely. Such a fun way to start the day!




1 comment:

Erin @ Jetsette said...

Well, I never played racquetball when I was a movie exec (it was all about hiking the local canyons or running the Santa Monica stairs back them), I took some racquetball classes in college. What a workout! Glad that you enjoyed your first time out.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin